Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Grateful for the opportunity.

I was just about to head out and drive to work today when my dog needed to go to the bathroom.  I let her out and she was back in a minute. 

So I left.

As I was driving to work, about to cross the Ballard bridge, I saw a terrible accident up ahead.  Several cars were involved in the accident and it did not look good.  A cop car was at the scene and there was an ambulance racing up from behind in the distance. 

I couldn't help but think, what if I had left a minute sooner?

Our life is so precious.  We can never be sure of the time and circumstances of our death.  We do our best to control all the variables, but when death arrives we have no choice.

Take a moment to express gratitude today.

Be thankful that you were able to share this day, how fortunate we are to have this opportunity, and how important it is that we use every day as if it is our last. 


No comments:

Post a Comment