Thursday, March 19, 2015

My life, my work.

Those staying in that land benefit those living there, but are not truly existent.
Nevertheless, there is a need that they stay in that place benefiting those beings.
Attached and ultimately not attached are the form kayas;
Emptiness is inseparable from appearance.
Saraha
From a Song for the King

This quote always has a way of sneaking up on me.  It speaks to my work, my life.  It sheds a sort of meaning, meaning which cannot necessarily be grasped conceptually but meaning that is there.  That we create.  

We create meaning in our work by doing work that is beneficial.  We don't need to stay there, but we do.  We are illusory shepherds, boatmen that come and go without a trace, timely reflections of generosity and compassion.  

Emaho!  Amazing, it is.   

No comments:

Post a Comment