Monday, November 23, 2020

Not the result you were looking for.

We tend to spend much of our days looking for something, in search of the new, the better. We would like to see an outcome from our efforts. What's all this time and energy worth? What is the practice for?

What if I told you that you already had everything you were looking for? You already have the capacity. You already have full possession of the result that you seek. The goal is already manifest, there is nothing more to do and nothing to be improved upon. 

Chances are you would not believe me. I must be stretching the truth or trying to pull a fast one on you. Surely I am embellishing. 

And what if I am not being deceitful or egregious?

What would you do if what I am telling you is in fact true? 

I honestly don't know what you will do. Personally, I live a life dedicated to practice. 

Practice looks like showing up, taking responsibility, being receptive and available, doing the hard work of being patient and generous and kind. It looks like trying to figure out how I can meaningful contribute and be of service to others. 

And it feels nice, knowing that this is enough. We don't need a big show for our life and our work, it doesn't need to be a spectacle or even remarkable. There doesn't need to be a grand finale, a celebration for the work or even a word of praise for all you have done. 

Simply this is enough. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for another informative blog. Where else may I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect way? I've a project that I am simply now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciating the time and energy you put into your blog and detailed information you offer. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed material. Great read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete