Sunday, June 21, 2020

Conscious citizens of the world.

What does it mean to be a conscious citizen in an increasingly complex world?

What are the qualities and characteristics of a conscious citizen? How would they see the world, what does their posture look like?

As a conscious citizen, I am aware of my own body, mind, feelings and perceptions. I know my own beliefs, knowledge, philosophical views, and opinions are true, but partial. I am conscious of my own perspective, but recognize that perspective is inherently limited and thus not the entire story. 

As a conscious citizen, I am aware of the body, mind, feelings and perceptions of others. I recognize that the beliefs, knowledge, philosophical views, and opinions of others are true, but partial. I am conscious of my own perspective and understand that others will not likely share my perspective or even be able to appreciate it. Having a deep understanding of my self and my own perspective, I can be more tolerant and accepting of others, even those with divergent or rigid views. Just as I would not hate a child for holding irrational views, I understand that we all act irrationally and from a limited perspective. 

As a conscious citizen, I am aware of my own culture and the culture of others. I appreciate diversity, celebrate differences, and recognize the basic human needs of safety, belonging and the yearning to gain control over our own lives. Not conforming to the worlds ways of division and manipulation, I value different perspectives and encourage connection and inclusion. 

As a conscious citizen, I am aware of the way in which systems, organizations and politics support and create the cultures in which we live. I appreciate the individual and collective are inseparable and recognize the consequences of participating in and contributing to the systems that shape our world. I work to inspire, empower and connect individuals to live authentically and contribute meaningfully to the world around them. I have the wisdom to see through the perspectives of the status quo and encourage connections across a variety of views so that others can gain an appreciation that their position is also true, but partial. 

As a conscious citizen, I am aware of my own constructs, though not stuck on them. I have a willingness to step forward in a healthy and meaningful way to benefit others. When I am authentically present, I can acknowledge my current reality and remain deeply grounded, both in good times and bad. I recognize my own limits and the scope of my life, acknowledging that giving ourselves boundaries empowers us to occupy the world in which we find ourselves. Cultivating authentic presence opens the doorway to deeply personal, intimate relationships and a willingness and receptivity to extend kindness to all. 

Recognizing that I am simultaneously a leader and a follower, I dedicate my life to remaining open, available and responsive. Again and again, I aspire to return to the ground of clarity and truth. I acknowledge the hard choices that we all have to make and hope to inspire a willingness to move forward towards a better future for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment